Thursday, January 14, 2010

NECHUNG

You know I wrote a while ago about Nechung having cancer? She is rather slow today but most significantly, she did not dance about for her food and has left two thirds of it. She has never missed a meal except for when she was about to go into labour. Recently, and oddly, she has been behaving like a puppy again. Today she is very old. I am not rushing to a decision. I shall just wait and see what she is like over the next few days. I did say I would know when her time had come because she would stop eating. Maybe this is just a slight hiccup.

4 comments:

Iris said...

You will know - you know you will. It will be hard and you will be sad, but you will do what is right when the time comes. My thoughts will be with both of you.

Stephanie Caselli said...

Colin,
I am very sorry. I know what a hard decision it is to make. I had to make that very difficult decision for my 13 year old Golden Retriever. But I realize I made the right decision. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.
Stephanie Caselli

Julie said...

I know it will sad, my cat was only 3 years when she died. It was the first time I had to say goodbye to a pet.

Susan said...

Oh Colin, This has to be the hardest part of loving them. I hope she goes in her sleep and spares you. It is such a hard decision. I have had to do it twice.
I am skipping the morphine and going right to the whiskey.....lolololol...but thanks for the offer. ;o)susan