Friday, January 15, 2010

DISMISSED!

We have had the official letter from the court saying the bankruptcy was officially dismissed. We ought to know by the month's end where we stand all told and then it will be over. Once we know this we can make plans.

We would both like to visit Barcelona. This will be a two week trip probably. We didn’t go last March because some idiot at an agency in Barcelona told us it was not accessible. Well, we met a man and woman last week who had been there and they told us it was VERYY accessible. The man was disabled.Really, don’t ask an able bodied person about such things because they probably haven’t a clue.

So Barcelona is back on our list of places to go. We shall have to go during a pregnancy, not after. This means we are likely to be going February or March.

Nechung seems to be fine again today. We’ll see if she eats tonight.

My swim went better tho it was still not easy. I think it will take a while before I accustom my body to it again. It’s amazing how almost a month off makes such a difference.

I am very pleased with the way my yarn is going. I am glad I listened to John and invested the money into buying what I needed to do this. I have already had more than one person after the same hanks. My only advice is that one needs to check regularly. I do my best to be fair. For instance, one asked for a hank last night but I have had no reply. Another asked for the same hank this morning. If the first doesn’t respond by this evening, I’ll to the second. Both wantees are here so no time delay.

I have learned more about colour mixing too so will be playing with pastels later. Actually colour mixing is a doddle and great fun but I wasn’t sure how to get pastels. It seems that is just as easy. We shall see.

It is cold and wet. Yuk.

I keep getting emails offering to enhance my tool. I don’t think these people understand their customer base at all. I don’t want my tool enhanced. What would I do with it? I am married 29 years almost, 51 and half crippled. Enhanced tools are not what I want. Unless they make knitting better…

11 comments:

Susan said...

Good morning, well, I have to say the prospect of Barcelona sounds pretty fantastic. All those moorish tiles and colours. takes lots of pictures for inspriation when you get home.
What a relief for you both to be one step closer to having this whole thing resolved.
No, "I" do not want my "tool" enhanced either..lolol

Anonymous said...

Enhanced tool=broomstick lace knitting?

Joan in Western North Carolina

Knitting-twitter said...

I am happy for both of you that you see light at the end of the tunnel.. have a great weekend..
Christa

Trillian said...

If you're going to knit with IT, you'll need a second one. do they make a pill for that?

yay good news on the bankruptcy front

Linda C. said...

What wonderful news for you and John, Colin. And, I can only speculate on how the colors of Barcelona will be reflected in your yarns on your return home. WOW! I always click over immediately, when I see that you have posted to one of the chats. The colors are absolutely wonderful.

And, yes, indeed, you are an artist. No question about it!

Unknown said...

Hallelujah! And Barcelona is wonderful. Go for it.

Grannie said...

I keep getting those offers too Colin - being female of course I do not reply......

Glad to hear your good news regarding the bankruptcy - such a huge load off your mind -

Following your dyeing adventures with interest - you surely do have a good eye for it!!

Iris said...

I'm glad Nechung is better and that your tax issues were dismissed. It must be a relief. Your yarns are so pretty. I can hardly wait until things settle so I can buy at least one.

Susie said...

The dismissal is wonderful news! You must be so relieved. I'm glad things are going so well for you all around, including the offer of having your tool enhanced. Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Yarnhog said...

I keep getting the same emails. Apparently, someone has heard what my husband always claims: that I have quite a set of balls.

CP Warner said...

Will keep sending good vibes, and hope things go smoothly in the finding out where you stand department. What a nightmare that has been for you!

I, too, keep getting e-mails inviting me to enhance my tool. I find this interesting since, as I am woman, I have no tool, just a...ahem...tool box. :-P