Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Oh Sh*t

Yesterday was day 8 of the low GI foods. What I thought was just a niggle a couple of days ago has turned into a full blown IBS situation. Bloated, diarrhoea, fatigue, pain, generally feeling crap and tearful. With hindsight, I think this was on it's way long before now-within a couple of days really of me starting to add the foods but I thought, well, I'll give it a week. A week turned out to be too long.

I shall have to go no carb for a few days. I think I might then just have the porridge in the mornings and see how that does. The wheat, beans and rice will have to be out.

Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t. I HATE this f***ing food thing. It is such a pain. It is the one thing in my life I have NEVER been comfortable with. Never. The closest I have come to comfortable is no carb, meaning fish and chicken and turkey and pork and loads of veggies. I really don't seem able to handle anything else.

I have had a couple of people express reservations, to put it mildly, about the what I eat. I ought to have ignored them. I KNOW what my body and mind can cope with. If the human body could not do well on this diet, none of us would be here as this how we all ate before we stopped being hunter gatherers.

Whatever, I know where I am today and how ill I feel because I let know it alls impinge on me. So it's back to what I know is right for me and others can keep their ignorant opinions to themselves.

Oh, I get so annoyed with myself sometimes when I assume others know best. It's almost always got me into deep do do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I eat what I want and take a multivitamin. That's the only way I can survive without hurting too much.

Anonymous said...

Don't beat yourself (or others) up too much - it was worth a try and at least you know. You must get a certain amount of carbs from your veg and fruit anyway. Once everything settles down again, there is always a chance you can have an odd carb on the odd occasion for convenience sake rather than some regularly which obviously does not suit.
Alison