Thursday, June 05, 2008

Marco

Knitted using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn. 80% Superwash Wool, 20% Nylon. The colourway is called Tuscany.

This yarn has a beautiful handle which stays after washing.

I used a KnitPicks 2.25mm circular, knit both socks at same time on own needle. The design is my own and I utilized the Andersson Heel Mach 2 again.

I find it easier to keep count of rows if I use a stitch pattern, hence the cable. Even though I use a row counter too, I still get lost as I forget to turn the *(*&^% thing.





7 comments:

kims place said...

Lovely, as always, Colin! The cable is elegant, the color is gorgeous...

Mokihana said...

Colin, that is one stunning sock!

How many sts do you have on the needles when you graft the toes if you're doing top down? I really like how the toe looks...

Yarnhog said...

Lovely! I haven't tried Lorna's Laces sock yarn, but I love their superwash dk and worsted yarns.

Carol said...

Great yarn color and sock design!

Anonymous said...

Collin,
Another great pair of socks. . Love the cable down the front and the colors. Then I moved on down to the sweater. . .Awesome job. Love the color and the pattern. How do you have time to make all those items, and do all the other things you do too? You never cease to amaze me.
Thanks for sharing these with us.

Liz

Anonymous said...

Pretty, pretty socks.

I adore you, Colin!

Hilde C. said...

Your knitting is really beautiful. The stitches look so even and flawless, and the colour is great :-)