Friday, December 12, 2008

Kate

You didn't hurt me and I have no idea why you'd think you had. What I wrote was clearly not about you.
I also can't carry on anything in private with you because I have no clue who you are no way to contact you.
It might be better that you accept that I think differently from you and I do so because my conscience demands that I do. You'd be better off not thinking that if you were only nice enough I would see the error of my ways.
As for believing you/disbelieving you, you have given me nothing to think about, just a statement that I have heard before, and as before, you offer no details or evidence so why would I believe you? It isn't personal. I just don't believe any old thing I hear, no matter how sincere a person may be. I know a very sincere loving person who is a homeopath. I still think homeopathy is crap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am the same Kate who is on the various knitlists, and who wrote to you a few weeks ago. You have my email.

Unknown said...

Hi Colin,

A person does not have to believe in a God to live an ethical life based on the most fundamental "spiritual" value, that of being dedicated to leaving the world better than one found it, through acts of kindness, charity, and unconditional love and integrity. Good for you!!