Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Inappropriate Song

There is a song that was a big hit in the 60's and fit is constantly played on a loop cd at the pool. It is called Young Girl and was sung by Gary- something - and The Union Gap.

The words to this song are appalling. The following is just an excerpt:

Young girl, get out of mind,
My love for you is way out of line
You'd better run girl
You're much too young girl

and so on.

The man singing puts the onus on the girl for his feelings!

Maybe you think the words are harmless?

try this:

Young boy, get out my mind
My love for you is way out of line
You'd better run boy
You're much too young boy

I don't understand why this song still gets so much airplay. I was told when I commented on it that I 'think too much' Now where have I heard that before? Oh, yes, from those who requirted that I keep my mouth shut in order to save themselves.

Whilst I am at it, remember Delilah by Tom Jones? A nice little ditty about a man who kills his girlfriend and then blames her because she had the temerity to make him jealous. Despite asking for her forgiveness, he still blames her for his behaviour. She deserved to be strangled did she not? And this song was also a big hit.
Post a Comment