Monday, November 02, 2009

Sock 62


These are knitted using Regia's Kaffe Fassett Design Line. I used 2mm needles. I used my Andersson Construction Method and Andersson Heel Mach II. As you can see, these socks are shorter than my usual socks. The yarn is the same weight and length but the row gauge is quite different. As I have known for years, and others doubt(!), colour alters gauge.

I knitted these on 2.25 at first because I  was trying to get them to pattern like the picture-Galaxy. I couldn't. Then I went to my preferred size, 2mm and thought I'd just stick with that. Silly me wasn't knitting with the Galaxy yarn as I had first thought which is why the pattern didn't appear!

3 comments:

BammerKT said...

Beautiful! And somewhere I read that the more dye is bonded to the yarn, the thicker it becomes. So some may doubt, but some agree too!

LizzieK8 said...

Very nice! I thought I was the only one that noticed dyeing changes yarn! Tell John, "Nice legs!" Tee Hee

OzWeaver said...

Lovely! Yet another enticing sock by you! I want to knit this Andersson sock and heel technique; can you tell me where to find the instructions?