Friday, May 11, 2007

No Show/Wendy Jane

I didn't manage the dog show today. I decided last evening not to go even tho I had not been to the bathroom all day. Just as well cos I awoke in the early hours with stomach cramps and I was off again till about mid-day today when it has calmed down again.

Now a dog show is not the easiest of outings for the disabled anyway, as they are usually outside in fields. On top of that, the loos are normally quite a trek, even though they do provide disabled facilities. Still a long way away, but they do provide them.

Given the shortage of Pampers of adults and the liklihood of me needing to run fast at short notice over quite a distance, I thought it best to stay home.

I am reminded of a little tale for some reason.

When we first moved here, there was a small shop near the railway station named Wendy Jane's. I passed this shop whenever I went that direction, at least twice per week to pick John up from said station.

In the window of Wendy Jane's were always several models wearing nurses uniforms.

I thought to myself 'so this is where nurses get their uniforms' and thought nothing of it. After all, a small country town, I guessed there was no where else to go and why I had not seen a nurse supplies place in the big city.

Now i did notice that the models' shoes didn't seem appropriate for being on one's feet all day/ night but already knew that women wore shoes that were not the most sensible .....

Wendy Jane moved. Wendy Jane's windows got much bigger. Wendy Jane added more to her display-like stilletto boots, handcuffs, whips, and frilly lingerie....

Okay, okay, so I was dim.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that to me, your posts are very interesting, thought provoking and entertaining. As far as people of "value" go, your Life has as much value as anyone else's even though you may not have obvious "success". To me you are a real star.
I think success is just something people strive for, instinctively, ie not rationally, in an endeavour to look good in the reproduction stakes. Although I also think that people are designed to be inherently dissatisfied and always on the search for something. Maybe that, along with curiosity,and hope, is what drives humankind as a whole, to "progress" (and one hopes that ultimately there is some form of "progress" occurring)
nnightsattpgdotcom

CP Warner said...

Oh, bummer! I'm sorry you didn't make it to the dog show, but all in all it's a much wiser thing to take care of oneself. Also, in my daily dealings with my mom, there is a lot of discussion about poo these days, so I'm actually glad to hear that SOMEONE is able go normally...

LOL at Wendy Jane! I remember being in New York City after many years of not having visited, and from the bus window my friend pointed out a HUGE S&M store called Religious Sex. They had not only the clothing in that huge window, but also mock torture scenes complete with apparatus, etc. Yikes! There went MY innocence/naivete! At least Wendy Jane was a bit more subtle...

Paula