Saturday, March 03, 2007

Good One

I don't normally care for these emails that are supposedly full of meaningful stuff. However, this one is good:

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

1 comment:

sal the spider said...

Hi Hon, sorry I haven't answered your kind enquiry as to my health but email STILL bust - in a house with a teenage computer obsessive. Why? He doesn't use email or it would have been fixed last nov when it broke!! I too get sick of the 'potted wisdom' type email but I agree with you, this one is more meaningful than most. I too find it hard to bless those I dislike and curse them instead much more than is healthy but at least I am aware of it and that is the first step to change a habit, no?
Sorry to hear about your recent bout of pain and discomfort. This time of year must not be helping - Summer not too far now we are at least in March.
Lots of love to you all and may our souls grow ever calmer as we learn to truly bless our %*&£ (can I say 'enemies' or is it not in the spirit of the thing?LOL) Take care Colin, love Sal xxxx