Saturday, May 09, 2009

SINGLE SEX RELATIONS

It really surprises me that so many women now behave as aggressively and rudely as many men have always done. In the pool this morning, a woman deliberately swam into my way, I saw her looking to make sure, and when I asked her to 'excuse me, please' she said no and mouth off at me. She then got out of the pool in huff and deliberately kicked me as she did so. From where she was she couldn't have done it accidently.

Last night in the supermarket, yet again I had to contend with a woman leaning right over my lap, thus preventing me moving, whilst she got what she wanted, with not so much as a word or a look in my direction.

All of my friends are women. I have no male friends at all apart from John. I have no idea why. I can understand not having str8 male friends but I don't have gay male friends either. As far as I am aware, no men follow my blog.

The last time I had male friends was when I was a boy, pre puberty. Once I sprouted, that was the end of my male friendships.

Until last year I had no male singer sin my collection of music. Oh I had the odd pop song by a man, but all the albums I buy are by women. Last year I found I really liked James Blunt and I have both his albums. i mentioned this to a str8 sales person in a music shop and his response was 'he sings like a girl'!!!

In the past I thought the explanation for the lack of male relationships was my fear of men. I still have that fear but not as much as I used to. However, as I also don't have gay male friends, and men str8 or gay, seem not to take to me, I guess it isn't my fear of them or str8 men's fear of me.

I DO have men in my life but they are husbands of female friends. I like them and they like me. I feel comfortable with them and they with me. Three have a paternalistic attitude towards me, I think, and the other treats me like a woman.

I was once told by a woman that the reason I get on with women so well was not the reason I thought. I assumed it was that they felt comfortable with me because they knew I wasn't going to try to get into their knickers. She told me it wasn't that. She said talking with me was like talking to her girlfriends - she didn't have to explain because I thought the same way.

I don't know about that but I do know that John and I think very differently. He can't multitask, I can. Ask him how his day was and he will tell what he did. I will tell you how I feel. I remember anniversaries and birthdays etc. He doesn't. I cry at sad films, he doesn't and thinks I am soft. 'it's only a film'. He often doesn't know which dog is which and that was worse when I kept lots of cats. I'd ask him to bring Doris to me and he would say ' which one is that?', yet he lived with them. We only had 4-6 cats and they all lived indoors. Plus the things my female friends say about their male partners makes me fairly certain that the only gay thing about John is me. He even watches sport on tv!!! Ick!

Oh and I also have lesbian friends so it isn't just that certain str8 women like gay men. I don't know why my life in this respect is so one sided. It amuses me that most of the time, other men, str8 ones, will treat me with the same attitude as they do women or paternalistically. When we have attended dinner parties or other mixed gatherings, John is always 'with the boys' and they automatically leave me with the women.It isn't overt, but it happens every time.

EDIT: it is possible I have misunderstood the comment left to this post, but I did not mean to imply at all that the bad behaviour of the woman in the pool or the others was anti gay bigotry. No, it was just bad behaviour. I don't wear a big sign saying 'gay'!
And in the pool I am almost naked and submerged with goggles on so even less likely to
stand out as gay. Unless you know something I don't......
EDIT 2: oh dear. I forgot my on line friend Steve and I know Fred reads here too. I am so sorry for my clumsiness and crap memory here.
Post a Comment