Friday, December 14, 2007

It Would Be Nice.....

...if I could just sit and relax and watch a film on dvd without having to move constantly. I am never comfortable. I do relaxation exercises, meditation and deep breathing but that just sends me to sleep. Even when I was given the diazepam to relax my muscles, it didn't stop me fidgeting. I am not in serious pain, haven't been for a while, but that doesn't mean I am comfortable.

I do not know if there is something I can learn that will enable me to just keep still and stop hurting so I can relax and do nothing but watch something I want to watch. I love my knitting but it would be nice to not HAVE to do it. I'd like to just do nothing. If it isn't my legs that hurt and jerk about , it's my back especially when I am leaning on the back of armchair, which is what one is suppose dot do-but it goes into spasm and i have to move yet again. arrgghh!

Moan over.

Edit: the reason for this is FMS and RA and OA not anxiety! I have had this years-it is why I walk with sticks and use a wheelchair. I know it isn't going to go away but I am sure there must be a way I can get to have some still time without drugs and without falling asleep!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Doesn't it always seem that when you have your largest problem taken care of, then others expand to fill the void? That's what happens with me anyway.

I hope you can be comfortable soon and able to relax when you need to without the spasms.

Enjoy your trip to Germany for the holidays.

Anonymous said...

Anxiety causes restlessness. The emotion triggers chemicals in the muscles causing them to ready (fight/flight response) and when you done work off the chemical you fidget and get lactic acid bubbles (big knots) in your back. Doing cardio or stretching should help burn off whatever it is that the body produces (can't remember what it is called) and help you settle.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried self hypnotisim? I used it throughout my pregnancy years ago to get me out of Asthma attacks as I couldn't take medication and it worked wonders. (I had a family friend who is a hypnotist teach me how to do so). It still works wonders for me.

Enjoy your trip to Germany and have a wonderful holiday and New Year :-)

wild n wooly said...

Oh I'm getting excited for you now, only six days, one minute it seemed a lifetime away and now it's practically ontop of you.

As to being pain free, how about a tens unit..ever tried one? Your GP should be able to advise as to whether this would help or not.

Here's wishing you and John a safe stress free travel and brilliant time away...don't forget the pics for us all, we'll all be waiting.

higz Cher x

FuguesStateKnits said...

Wow Colin - this sounds like FUN!!! How cool! A long time ago (1975) a classmate and I took the tour of the Heidelberg castle with the requisite wine tasting of course:) we had a fine time! Hope you enjoy it!!!
Merry Christmas, Froehliche Weihnachten!
Joan