Sunday, December 23, 2007

Brass Monkies

It is cold enough here to freeze the b***s off a brass monkey! Although everything looks beautiful and we have had a great time, the cold has caused me a of of pain. So.....now we know that 1. the idea of going somewhere for a white Xmas is out of the question and 2. we ought to avoid winter holidays altogether because either is will be cold like now or wet!

We had a lovely day with Diana yesterday. She took us around Heidelberg. It really helps to have a local with you. I bought the most expensive hat I have ever bought. I buy what I want but when it costs a lot I always ask John first and he said to go ahead if you like it. He likes it too.

Of course we visited a yarn shop and bought some sock yarn. Diana has made me a bag on a belt clip which is just big enough to hold a 100gm ball and needles and gave me large yoghurt pot with a sock yarn ball in it. Both items very handy indeed.

John and I ate in a traditional Gasthouse (restaurant/pub) last night and had a wonderful fish dinner.

I fell asleep early at 10.30pm so was up at 6am. This is one reason I saty in hotels rather than as guests in friend's homes. If I can't sleep or have much pain, I am not going to disturb anyone by getting up. Besides, I always get up to pee!

Jane, from Socknitters, is about to arrive here at Lia and Lui's.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Colin, despite the cold, it appears you are having a wonderful time.

I can just see you in your jaunty new hat, with your little belt-clip bag, knitting away.

I can hardly wait for the photos. You will post photos of both, won't you?

I'm sorry about your pain, and I can relate. Be careful of those brass balls!

Unknown said...

You have missed the best 'pea souper' here in Harrow, today we have had to curtail any trips with the grandchildren as visibility has been so bad. Neighbours decided to have a two day party with awful bass music. So enjoy the rest of the holiday!

Yarnhog said...

"Freeze the b*lls off a brass monkey" huh? I'm sure I've heard that expression before, but it still made me laugh out loud.

fairy godmother said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time! :-)

LizzieK8 said...

Glad you are enjoying yourself despite the cold. Happy Christmas!

Sheila said...

Stay warm and have a wonderful holiday with friends.

Kucki68 said...

Actually if it is snowing, it is likely warmer than it was recently.