Thursday, May 13, 2010

STRESSFUL

I was concerned  with the amount of puppies had and the size of them. None settled until today. They only settled after three of them died and I think a fourth will die too. However, the four I think will make it are normal puppies, have grown and look right. The 5th I am not so sure of, I am pretty certain  he too will expire.

This is one of the pitfalls of having puppies. Six years ago I lost a whole litter of six over a 23 day period. It was the worst dog experience I have had.

My dyeing has been going well. I did a commission dye for someone and they are very happy with it. Phew!

As a result I sold three hanks and have another commission for 4 hanks.

I won’t be doing much for the next little while. I have to see these puppies through and in the next day or so I ought to know what will be for those remaining.

4 comments:

Iris said...

So sad about the pups. it's amazing how quickly things can go sour. Thinking of you.

Yarnhog said...

That is so sad. I infer from your post that it is not uncommon to lose puppies. I don't think I could handle that on a regular basis. Good luck to you, mama, and the babies.

anachronist said...

I so sorry that almost half the litter did not make it.

It is heartbreaking, but we will never know, why it happens.

When our mini Schnautzer had her three puppies, one did not survive the first hours and I wonder untill today, if I could have done anything for the little one.

Hope all the other ones will make it through and grow up to be champions.

Ann O'Donovan UK said...

Sorry to hear the sad news about those puppies. Hope the remaining ones grow strong and well.