Friday, May 14, 2010

GOING SWIMMINGLY

I went swimming this morning. It was luverly! It hurt a lot but being in water is just so good for me. I enjoy it very much. It only hurt because I haven’t done for a week and I have been stressed and active this week. It still feels so much better than being on land.

The four puppies and Shameless are doing really well now. The puppies have gained weight and Shameless is settled and happy now.

To answer Yarnhog: no it isn’t a regular occurrence to lose puppies. Most litters are without incident. At least for me.

I still have many photographs of Edinburgh to post.

My yarn dyeing has really been quite successful. I am happy about that as I really enjoy doing it.

I have a good break from the shows now until Bank Holiday Monday (May 31st).

WTF? Teresa May has been appointed Equality Minister. She who voted against the repeal of Section 28, the equalising of the age of consent, against gays adopting, against lesbians having fertility treatment, against transgendered people having their official sex changed. Isn’t this a bit like having Nick Griffin in charge of Race Relations?(Nick Griffin is head of the British National Party-they have views one could say were Nazi.)

Oh and David Cameron’s voting record is very similar. I do not trust Tories. Their ‘standing for equality’ isn’t really believed, they just know the electorate will no longer stand for such crap.

 

4 comments:

Iris said...

Over here, there's the issue of whether or not Obama's nominee for the Supreme Court is a lesbian. They want to ask and people (pundits) are saying the public has a "right to know" because it could effect how she votes on issues. But, but, but ... I don't think they asked anyone else on the Supreme Court what their sexual orientation was. For all they know they're all gay! Isn't it true that everything that everyone is effects how they will vote on anything? Stupid, stupid, stupid. The moral of the story? Let's block any possibility of equality, except in the "normal" Judeo/Christian tradition.

U.S.A. - A land of equality for all, except immigrants (particularly of darker skin or different canted eyes), people of non Judeo/Christian religions, non heterosexual orientation and, well, anything else that offends these sensitibilites.

Sorry, Colin. I hajacked your blog again. :(

marilyn said...

Teresa May deserves the "poisoned challice" that she has been given.
Let's see just how long it takes gullible, style followers and other un-informed and ignorant voters to realise that they have been duped by empty rhetoric and mealy-mouthed racist, bigoted and "same old, same old" politicians.
Gosh.....nearly a rant there!
Love
Marilyn xx

valerieb said...

Sorry about the puppies that didn't make it. I had a similar experience a few years ago with my cat and 3 out of 7 kittens died. Very sad, but they obviously weren't right, and nature knows best I guess. Mum and the others were fine though.

Yarnhog said...

I'm so glad the rest of the puppies are doing well! Pictures, please?