Monday, March 15, 2010

IT WAS A GOOD DAY

I did enjoy Cruft’s. It was good to meet people. Gill was very kind and brought a wheelchair for me to use. The halls are very large and the loo is always a trek away so the use of the chair really saved me much pain and fatigue.

I had a chat with Wendy about Barcelona. It is her favourite city, I think she said. She gave me information I needed and spoke of how beautiful the Gaudi architecture is. This is what we want to see. Wendy also pointed out that English is not spoken. I do regret that my Spanish speaking mother did not bring me up bi-lingual.

I didn’t get around any of the trade stands which is probably just as well. I did buy two kitsch pieces from the Midland Lhasa Apso Association stand. Both are Lhasa Apso is shopping bags!

I am going to start offering ‘lots’ of my stash for sale. I really do need to start de stashing seriously again. I will offer branded sock yarns in 500g lots for £20 plus postage. Much cheaper than one can buy them. Regia, Opal, OnLine, Lana Grossa, Trekking etc. However, there will be no pick n mix! Each lot is the lot on sale.

Bridget will be leaving home and going off to be a Hearing Dog. She si just thr right temperament for the job.

1 comment:

Penelope Grey said...

Hi Colin, I have visited Barcelona a few times and found it to be really good. There are quite a few kerbs, and things do seem to be quite spread out, the cathedral for instance is a hell of a walk from the main centre, but there are buses which run frequently, but I can't remember if they have the low access for wheelchairs. My main reason for commenting rather than to confuse you more is to say I don't speak Spanish, my husband who like you had a Spanish speaking parent who didn't teach them the language as a child also has only a tiny smattering of Spanish and we manage fine. I think if like you are you are used to travelling you will be fine. Some people I used to be friends with until I discovered a hidden racist streak, definitely do not speak any Spanish whatsoever and they go to Barcelona every single year and love it. So don't let the lack of the Spanish language put you off. I have found this link and hope it might offer some information. http://tinyurl.com/yg38j5v Beverley xx