Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tongue Tied

It is a bright sunny day. As have been many of the days of this last winter so I have not had to spend too much time in front of my SAD light.

John is attending his mother's funeral today, a cremation.

I have almost finished a pair of socks, red ones with a textured pattern Will post them later.

I have been for my swim this morning which went well. I wondered if it would as this morning I found it very difficult to get out of bed. When i first tried nothing happened. So I tried again. And again. The I just laid there giggling for little while as I thought it was funny and it felt funny too. Eventually I managed to roll onto my side and fall off the bed onto all fours form where I was able to use the radiator to lever myself up onto two feet. Once I managed that I was okay. So yes, it is the turn of my hips to bother me now. My muscles and hands and back have let up for now.

I am COLD. I have got on my woolly socks, my thermal long john's and long sleeved vest, a pair of track bottoms, a cashmere/cotton roll neck and a cashmere sweater over that. The central heating is on as it always is. I am still cold. I get cold like this quite a lot, especially my legs. Now is this because I have lost so much weight? Is it because of ill health? Is it because of the drugs? One of the drugs I take keeps my pulse and blood pressure low. Even is the summer, I wear my woolly socks with my sandals! When I was younger I was always too warm!

The day before yesterday, a young man started to chat me up. I got very flustered. It took a while for me to realise that he was chatting me up. I never even think of that so it was quite a shock. I felt embarrassed and shy and couldn't wait to get away. Fortunately, other customers came into the shop and that was my cue to leave. I think I was at least 20 years older than he.

I don't know if I am more surprised that someone was interested or by my reaction to their interest. Whatever, I was taken aback at how quickly my confidence disappeared and I became tongue tied.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

have you had your thyroid checked as if its under active that will make you feel cold, i am always cold because of it.

Anonymous said...

We've all been telling you that you are hot! LOL I don't handle flirtation well, either.

Annie said...

You shouldn't be surprised - that twinkle in your eyes must be even more obvious in real life than in your photos!

fairy godmother said...

I'm not surprised that someone was flirting with you. :-)

Unknown said...

Take it as a compliment. You are an attractive man and it is very normal to be found attractive by another.

My condolences to John on the loss of his mother.

Anonymous said...

My deepest sympathy to John on the loss of his mother.