Sunday, June 21, 2009

Cashmere

I have been sorting out my yarn stash and I have found some stunning yarns. I almost cried but then just told myself it will be better off elsewhere.

The point is much of it is very fine weight, 2/28, cashmere, cashmere silk, and some even finer and other luxury yarns too.

Some of it is one very large cones of 1 - 2 kgs. I was thinking of knitting 100gm blanks on the machine and selling it that way. The reason being that if I wind it into 100 cakes, it is likely to end in a tangled mess for the buyer when they try to knit it or re wind it a sit is very fine. The cake idea works well for 4ply (fingering, sock weight). There is no problem with either re winding the knitted 100 gm blank or knitting str8 from it. It is oiled so must not be washed while in the knitting blank state but after swatching and completing your knitting.

Anyone have a thought?


Click on link:

EBAY
Post a Comment