Sunday, April 01, 2007

More Men Behaving Badly

Just been to the supermarket.

As John and I were leaving the checkout, I looked up to see John was being verbally harangued by a shaved headed thuggish looking man. I was in my wheelchair. I caught just a word or two and realised immediately that this was the husband of the woman I had sworn at outside the chemist!


I told him to leave John alone, and that it was I who had the run in with his wife.

So he starts on me.

Of course his wife had told him a pack of lies about what had happened. I told him that the incident was over and that I had apologised and that was that. I did not expect his wife to apologise for her appalling attitude. He got really narked at that and related more of what his wife had told him. Of course she didn't tell him anything that resembled the truth. He demanded that I go with him to apologise to her which I of course refused to do. I told him I had already done so - twice - and that was the end of it.


I pushed myself off to customer services and when I turned around I saw this man was still haranguing John. I pushed myself back and told him to go away. It had nothing to do with John, and he did not need to be bullied by a thug. He of course spluttered thru his red angry face and the security guard came and told him to leave us alone.

Hopefully, this is the end of the matter.

5 comments:

Holly said...

some people are thicker than bricks. If seeing you in the wheelchair didn't make the lightbulb go on in his head, nothing will
Sounds like you have done everything you can, so give yourself a pat on the back for sainthood!
-Holly

sillyewe said...

Seriously, no one like her gets through life WITHOUT being called a bi$%h. And , you WERE a saint to bite your tongue through the rest of the foolishness. I couldn't have done it. You are a better person than I.... ;0)

Dreamland...I actually dreamed I WAS a Buddhist monk being inducted into a monastery....but it somehow resembled a Baptist church..go figure. I think the combination is rather frightening.......Anyway, it was one of the most lucid dreams I have ever had and means way more than I will ever be able to figure out. Bet yours does, too....but the President???? hah hah hah Thank God it wasn't Bush!!!!! I would be concerned for you then.

Love your socks!

Knitting Rose said...

Bullies are everywhere - I can't believe how some people act. I hope that IS the end of the matter for you!

Knittiana! said...

If this was not such sad behavior on this couples part this would be almost funny. The need to prove oneself and to defend the wifes honor... well, I suppse that's one way to prove ones manhood. Not! And your behavior in episode 1: I was amazed that you did apologize so politely and stayed so calm. I might have felt challenged to try my sharp toungue.

CP Warner said...

Oy veh. I must say, I never blamed you one bit for calling her a "bizotch" in the first place. What is this world coming to? Or do I even want to think about that? Oy veh...