Monday, April 30, 2007

Bang Goes Prague

John is just about to arrive home from Prague where he was sent to without warning on Friday.

We were driving to Prague last May but at the last minute I decided we would go to Munich instead.

Anyway, John has now seen Prague.

It is a beautiful city but it is out of the question for me to visit.

No disabled facilities.

Metro inaccesible. Streets steep and cobbled with small cobbles so would make even walking with my sticks and plenty of pain killers dangerous. On top of that, loads and loads and loads of people!

I am disappointed as I really would have liked to see this city.

I am thinking of Tallin in Estonia now......

1 comment:

Holly said...

Been there, it is a really neat city. Unfortunately, it is similar to all the other cities in the former East. Easy access is not them.

The best yarn stores were down twisty little stone stairways.

The cobblestone streets are slippery when wet. I should be able to find pix from our trip, but that was 2004, and some things might have improved.

Have you been to Helsinki? Modern but design, art and yarn all over the place.

-Holly