Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Regia Stretch

I still haven't come up with a way of doing socks I am entirely happy with though I do find plenty of yarn that I am enamoured by! This is Regia Stretch Color (no 84). It is 70% new wool, 23% nylon and 7% polyester.

I really like this colourway. I was in the shop with John looking for some black or navy or dark grey. They didn't have any but they had this and whilst I do not need sock yarn, I couldn't resist.


Anyway, knitted entirely on 2.25mm needles, ribbing too. I got 10st and 14rw to 1" I knit it toe up with a Sherman heel. I cast off using the EZ method(sewn cast off).

I do not finish the whole 50 gms per sock. I don't want socks that are very long up the leg. It seems that I have smallish feet at 9.75" long with the ball of my foot, along with the ankle, measuring the same.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful. How do you do it so quickly?
Also, I find it really irritating not to be able to find plain, dark yarns, too.

Unknown said...

oh this is a beautiful yarn..your sock looks great!
Brenda

Allen Duhon said...

Hi Colin,
Wonderful socks, I just started on my first pair with real sock yarn. I'm using sockotta, it's cotton, wool and nylon. I can't wait to finish them.
Allen

Anonymous said...

Colin,
I love that colorway too! And as far as I can tell, every way you've tried
for knitting socks so far has worked beautifully.:) --Pat & Paws

Anonymous said...

The socks looks great Colin.....really like that colorway as well. Don't think I could have resisted bringing it home with me either.

Anonymous said...

Hi Colin,

I like that colourway too and I am usually not too keen on blues, at least
not for myself.
However, your sock forms an interesting way with colour.

Catnit said...

Lovely socks, I'm going to try the Sherman heel soon. What do you do with all the balls of left over yarn?

N. Maria said...

Just thought I'd tell you your socks would fit me, too!!! I really like Regia Stretch.
(PS ~ I USED to be able to eat anything I liked. If I eat anything but air, I feel it in a few seconds!)

Monika said...

Sometimes Regia colorways really surprise me. This one's gorteous!

Bets said...

Another perfect sock with a perfect heel - looks beautiful!