Thursday, May 04, 2006

Reims Or is It Riems

Just gone 7am and we are driving to Reims today,about 450 miles from here in Munich. We will stay there tonight and tomorrow we will have a quiet day looking around and then making our way to our friends' home. Laurent and Francois live about 80 miles from Reims in a tiny village. We will have dinner with them and then leave for Calais to stay Friday night. Up early to catch the Chunnel back to England and then the 160 mile drive home to my dogs.

Have had a wonderful time. The new wheelchair has been very good and a real must. Couldn't have done it without it. I am pretty exhausted now so am glad to be on my way home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dogs will be happy to see you I'm sure! Glad the new chair worked well, and get plenty of rest when you get home! :-)

Anonymous said...

This last leg would be too much for me. There's just no way I could take that much travelling in one go. Just driving back from Llangollen after walking around the town for half and hour on Tuesday left me feeling shattered! Still, glad you've enjoyed the trip :) Keep getting out there and doing stuff while you can because you just never know when it'll come to an end.

PS: Have you figured out what the disabled icon next to the verification box is all about?