Thursday, September 10, 2009

UNJUST - EBAY

Ebay is becoming far too punitive to sellers.

As sellers we are not able to leave negative feedback to buyers. thus buyers can do as they please, safe in the knowledge they will not be penalised. I have had people take week sot pay, not pay at all and I can't leave negative feedback.

PLUS we are not allowed more than 4 low P&P scores. The people who leave these low scores do not seem to understand that it is the PO who levy the charges, not me! I charge exactly what I am charged plus .50p to cover packing, tape, printing costs, fuel to and from PO. Some of my buyers clearly think I make up the charges as I go along!

This is grossly unfair and I am just about to the point where I am going to find another way to sell my stash or just take it all to the dump. this is becoming more a chore than joy. Honestly, these people are getting really good quality yarn for a fraction of the real value and have the cheek to complain about p&p which they have not even bothered to think clearly about.

Yes, I am very well aware that not all of my customers are like this but unfortunately the few have made it very difficult for me. Ebay are going to penalise me for my customers lack of thought. When they do ALL my customers will lose out.

6 comments:

tonya said...

you should sell on etsy. love your blog.

Pamela West said...

HI Colin
I was going to suggest Etsy too.
Its fixed prices but you wouldnt have the problem with the feedback
Pam x

Iris said...

Boy! Do I agree with this. eBay's insistence on turning a blind eye to buyers' lack of responsibility is very foolish.

By the way, I've been told, but am not sure, that you CAN sell commercial yarns on etsy as "supplies." I haven't looked into that, but am going to for just the reasons you state.

I am furious with eBay's policy on this.

Diane A said...

Have a month off. You have been selling continously for a long time. its hard and stressful, all that listing, packing, going to the post office. After a month or so think again. I know you have a lot to sell and e bay is unfair, but its not worth worrying over.

Penelope Grey said...

There is also http://www.folksy.com/ which are UK based I think. I have never tried them but have heard lots of references to them.

Could you take a photo of each one, (you do that anyway) upload the photo onto this blog, put how much you want and the postage price. First one past the post Paypal wise, gets the goods. You could be in control then, and add stuff when you want to.

valerieb said...

Please do try Etsy.com, I believe the fees and rules are much easier than eBay, and I am speaking as an eBay seller myself. I plan to move over to Etsy very soon. I think eBay is just untenable for sellers anymore. I have bought some of your yarns and complete appreciate the cost and effort of mailing them! Please don't take your yarn to the dump, I will be heartbroken to think of all that lovely fibre going to waste!!