Thursday, September 24, 2009

LIFE IS SHORT

My friend that I mentioned the other day, he who had the heart attack whilst driving at 70mph on the motorway, has had triple bypass surgery today. He has come out of that fine.

I could have sworn I had a cold this morning. Now I am not so sure. I don't feel good but not bad either.

I bathed Bridget today and Carly maybe is going to get hers too. Tomorrow is Whitney's bath day. No show this weekend but will be visiting with a dog friend on Sunday morning.

It looks as though the Regia self striping is going to be knit in a simple garter rib after all.

A couple of people have left that list I mentioned under UGLINESS, and they had to do so by announcing it to us all first and telling us how good they are and this is why they are leaving. I would not let a couple of evil minded cows make me leave anything and if they did, I'd not go out with a fanfare! Life is far too short and precarious to let such people have their wicked way. They thrive on meanness. Starve them of their rewards, don't feed them!

I have been really surprised and touched by the supportive emails I received. Some were even public. That is rare in my experience cos people don't want to get flamed. I am appreciative of this. I do hope though that the subject is now dropped.

Whilst I have been writing this, I have been drinking a low fat latte I made with my bean to cup machine. I ADORE coffee and this is particularly nice. An Italian style roast we got the last time were visiting Lui and Lia in Sandhausen, Germany. Fortunately, decaff ground coffee is just as nice. So often decaff is mild. Why? Just cos we don't want the caffeine doesn't mean we don't want the taste.

I just won, while writing this, a purply pink pair of suede Kickers on Ebay. I am surprrised at how competitiive I can be. I WILL have those you 'b*****d'!!!!

3 comments:

Iris said...

By your last comment are we to believe you paid a "fair" amount for the shoes? (definition of "fair" to be determined by you)

karrol said...

I missed you so much,being at my daugthers home for 4 days and no computer. I came back and found you under attack again..ugh---- let it roll off of you back like water off a duck.. please stay on our socknitters list you are the life of the party...if you need a second --- there are alot of us that are here for you allllll the time thick or thin.
Where else would we get our fashion updates?
You are so brave and loving ---- your fan in Florida ,Karrol

Homestead Crafter said...

Eh, like I said before, Colin, don't let jealous people get you down. If they're so narrow-/small-minded that your sexual preference or being better than them at something or whatever it is they choose to be negative about, that's their problem. Personally, I have to admit that I am jealous of you - you knit so beautifully, and while I've been knitting for years, I've only taken up socks in the last six months or so. Wonder why I didn't do it before? It's so much fun, but I now have so much more to learn about knitting with this new knitting addiction that people like you tend to feed with all your gorgeous work that I end up wanting to duplicate for myself, lol!