Tuesday, September 29, 2009

SOMEONE STOLE MY SPOONS

This is the second time this year that this Amaryllis has flowered. This has four flowers. The other looks as though it might flower again too.

I went for my swim at the later time, which seems to suit me much better. Although once I was home and changed my clothing, I realised I had already run out of spoons. Pish! So I shall knit socks and watch dvd's.

I saw the first half of the first episode of Flash Forward last night. It looks promising. If we like it, we will wait for it to be out on DVD. I refuse to watch ads every few minutes or waste time FF thru them. Are we really as thick as the programme makers make out, with such short attention spans? If so, it's a wonder any film makes it the cinema.

On THAT list, you know the one, the person who made the homophobic remarks seems to be suffering from envy just as I thought. I have since seen what she has written about me to others and it is clear she is jealous. It certainly irks her I don't work!

Listen up now! If you want my life, you have to have the past 50 years too and my 24/7 pain. You can't pick and choose. If you want what I have, you have to go thru it all and HAVE what I have. I am flattered that anyone would envy me.

Oh and it has become very clear that I press the buttons of a certain psychologist with no personal insight. She might want to look at why instead of taking every opportunity she can to take a swing.

As if I needed reminding how uninsightful shrinks are!

Have you ever wondered how this world would be without fear? I don't mean necessary fears - like of height, poisonous animals, lions etc as those fears are part of survival. I mean the fear of not being good enough, not having enough, of not being safe. It seems to me those fears are at the root of our ills. They probably affect all of us to a degree. The more they affect us the more our behaviour is going to reflect it.

It just occurred to me that this is what lies behind those two people who swing at me. They fear me. How weird is that? Not very weird at all. If you look at why, you'd soon see. I threaten both of their ideas about how people 'should' be. They feel threatened and they lash out. They don't see this of course. They see the twig in my eyes, not the log in theirs.

The one thing I have known for a very long time is that those who are the most judgemental are those whose own behaviour is appalling. My parents were very judgemental of others. Very condemnatory. Look how they were! I knew people who robbed for a living. Cheque kiting etc. They were EXTREMELY judgemental of others. especially those who 'mugged' people. Yet how the f**k did they think they got the cheque cards and credit cards they used to steal with? A gay friend of mine's mother looked down upon us, gay people, because we don't have good relationships. Says she who was on her 3rd failed marriage!!!! And I am on the same one for 28 years. Oh really?

People put you down in order to put themselves up. If they didn't feel that need, they wouldn't. It's why the religious bigots do what they do- the idiots think that intolerance and cruelty pleases their God. Right now, here in the UK, there are a couple of bones making their way around he country whilst people venerate them. In the name of their God. Fools. And soon we are to be blessed by a visit by the Pope. Yes the same Pope who appears to like Nazis, and who hates gays. Logical no? Aw, come one now, of course it is. And millions have been duped and corrupted into believing the crap. I know. I was taught by nuns and priests. They taught that to question was evil. That it was Satan who made me doubt. Later, in a different but the same, brand of Xtianity, we were taught that Satan planted all the evidence for evolution and any other science that contradicted what the elders said was true and I , of course, because I dared to use my brain and think, was branded Devil Spawn.

So be warned. My spawn may infect you.

Finally, whilst I am at it, in the last 12 years of Internetting, the meanest most foul and cruel emails have all come from Xtians. No I didn't assume they were, they told me so. They told how much they loved Jesus and how much they hated me.

Oxymorons!

(you know, I am never sure what is going to come out when I write so it is surprising and interesting to me to find out what I think.)


8 comments:

AR said...

(you know, I am never sure what is going to come out when I write so it is surprising and interesting to me to find out what I think.)


LOL
Colin,
I'm glad to hear you find your blog as good a read as I do. (Grin)

I agree with you about Flash Forward (maybe it should be named FAST Forward)that's what I wanted to do. I'm sure the makers of such progs think that the viewer has the attention span of a nat.So many ad breaks, yuk.
Like you I shall peek at the next ep and if it has possibilities I shall wait for the dvd's

More power to your spoons
Take care

AnnR

Yarnhog said...

I have long thought that the difference between conservatives and progressives is that conservatives base their politics on the fear that people are bad, while progressives based their politics on the hope that people are good. (Guess which one I am?)

Margie said...

I absolutely agree with you, about the religious right, Colin! I would so much rather be with my smart, beautiful, caring, compassionate, lesbian daughter in the afterlife, no matter how hot it is, than with the smug, self-satisfied "christians"!

By the way, I think Jesus would be appalled at what they spout in his name! He was a kind, inclusive man who wanted to purge prejudice and hate from the world (if you read the Gospels). He associated with those who were outcast and abused, not with the "holy" people who wore their "sack cloth and ashes" (piety) in public.

Keep up the good work, shining the bright light of day on these sordid attitudes! (Ever wonder why it is the conservative fundamentalists who are caught engaging in anonymous gay sex in public restrooms, not the liberals?)

Iris said...

You may not know what's going to come out when you write, but keep on doing it. You are so right, as I've said so many times. I have a nephew who is a very devout and "all encompassing" Christian/Catholic. He drinks like a lush and thinks we should not have any universal healthcare in the U.S. so the "poor people" will die and leave more for the "rest" of us. It doesn't matter that you point out that HE doesn't have healthcare and will be draining MY pocketbook to pay for him, one way or another.

anachronist said...

This fundy x-tianity is what irks me and makes me not wanting to admit, that I rely on and believe in the *teachings* of Jesus, and not make him a god.
It is a neither fish nor meat situation to be in. I am not sure if the early disciples have understood him well or if all was a misunderstanding.
It is proven that the bible was written about 900 years ago and many x-tian scientists, yes there are some who do not follow the dogma and do have really open minds (Jesus seminary), have come together and worked out what of the Gospel is historically true and likely was said and done by Jesus and what has been added for drama.

We have this book in our shelves and it is a really interesting read.

But the fundy will call it blasphemy because they only want to see waht fits into their dogmatic 'Weltbild' They want to believe in an angry God and one who is against all 'abnormity'. What is abnorm? they or their leaders want to decide.

Sorry for this kind of rant, if you dont want to publish it, I understand, I just wanted to get across, that there are moderate and open x-tians, too :-)
Even Gay ones, and such that use their brain and scepticism.
Thanks for writing such thought provoking blogs.

Denise said...

I agree with everything you say in your blog, keep it up. I stopped going to church because the pastor who happened to be an x-Baptist said that babies who are not baptised before they die go to hell. Really pissed me off so I stopped going to that church. I also dont believe you just believe what they want to believe you should search out your own answers and expand your feelings and thoughts but do it on your own terms! Sorry I guess I'm not a lamb...lol.

Hope you have more spoons tomorrow, next week, next month, etc,etc,etc.

Denise

CP Warner said...

You are wonderful. Feel free to infect and corrupt me anytime. LOL. You make good sense to me so much of the time!

Anonymous said...

I love your manner of expressing what so many of us know and feel but can't articulate. Bravo!