Thursday, September 17, 2009

MAKING LIFE EASIER

I have been swimming three days in a row. I am getting to bed much earlier and have cut down the laps by half. Doing half still takes effort but doesn't leave me exhausted and in pain.

I am also following a different drug regime and am taking the least strong ones every 6 hours regardless. I then top up with the Tramadol. This seems to be working well. I have not had to take the morphine except for dog show days.

I have a dog show tomorrow which for some reason I think may not be good one for Whitney but I shall enjoy the day out anyway. I shall be in bed by 7pm tonight and up at 2am.

The darkness seems to arrived ratehr rapidly. It's dark by 8pm now and I was up at 5am this morning and it was over an hour before it became light. Winter is on it's way. In fact I have had the heating on this last two nights for a while.

I know the weather will not be warm tomorrow and I will not make the silly mistake I made last week and take my thermal tights with me. I shall put them on! You'd think wouldn't you that I would remember I couldn't get the tights on without help?

I am off to sort out an outfit for tomorrow. I may get a photograph later and blog it. I am planning on turquoise to go with my turquoise Trilby.


When I ordered my drugs early this morning online, I noticed there was a note to say I had an appointment with Elizabeth on Monday at 10am. No one had told me and I was worried about it as I had blood testes done a couple of weeks ago. I just called and Barbara said apart from what she had already told me about my cholesterol, everything else was okay. So I guess Elizabeth just wants to nag me about taking more statins which I am not keen on doing.

3 comments:

Knitting-twitter said...

.. good luck for tomorrow.. ciao ciao Christa...

Monadelphus said...

Hi Colin,
Have you thought of trying Benecol or Flora Pro-activ? Worked for us.
Alison

Anonymous said...

Oh Tramadol brings back such awful memories, seeing my favourite uncle die ( he is still alive by the way), I had to phone him at 3am to speak to him just to be sure, and driving home in a van sticking my hand out the window and filling the van with fish! Weird yes!! We did have a van but no we don't go fishing like that, I came off them as soon as I could now just get spine injected and pop a few diazapam and ibuprofen when needed (usually after midnight every night for the past couple of days) weird goings on up here on the Isle of Harris, but hey lots of knitting......