Monday, September 14, 2009

JAGGER

I bought this yarn from Jan, THE WOOL HUNTER. It is Blue Faced Leicester and Nylon. It is beautifully soft and easy to knit with.
The zig zag pattern is my own.
I knitted them on 2mm Knit Pro (Picks) circular needles, simultaneously.
I used the Andersson Toe Up Method with Mach II Heel (revised).
The cast off is new to me. It was sent as a link to the sock lists by Diane (thank you kindly) and is called Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off. It is too! Not only stretchy but easy to execute. I doubt I shall return to the Elizabeth Zimmerman Sewn Cast Off now.

4 comments:

aparna said...

oooh I love this sock! the pattern brings out the beauty of the wonderful colors. i have lately been fascinated by BFL and wondering how to get my hands on some.

from my very first pair of socks, i have used Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off which i found on one of the threads in ravelry. i was very very happy with it, but after seeing one of ur posts on the EZ bindoff, was wondering if i shd give it a shot. now i guess i wont :)

Iris said...

I must try that bind off!!! Lvoely socks, those, Colin.

Lia Nord said...

Lovely pooling on the colors! I like the way your zigzag pattern sets it off and complements it.

Anonymous said...

take a look at knitty.com for a new idea for a sock heel, it's circular. Like a little hat with ear flaps.