Friday, August 29, 2008

ENRIQUE \Mexico Colour




These were knitted using the traditional top down, heel flap method. I am not so keen on this. I do like the finish but it was much more awkward to knit than my tow up method, and I only had about 3" of yarn left on sock when I was done, which was nerve wracking! I find this method uses more yarn.

They were knitted using 1 Hiya Hiya 2mm circ and 1 Addi 2mm circ.

The yarn is Fortissima Colori 'Socka Color' in the Mexico range, number 4254. The yarn is 75% superwash wool and 25% nylon.

3 comments:

kshotz said...

Is this a K5 P1 or K5 P2 rib? Either way, I think it's a very fine looking sock!

Kim

tinebeest said...

I think my mum's first pair of handknit socks is exactly the same colourway.

Since having mastered your toe-up recipe, I can't see myself go back to top-down unless it is a specific pattern with decorative stitches that can't be turned upside down. I know what you mean about the stress with having only 3 inches of yarn left!

Lily said...

I love these! Very cool colors and style! Thanks for sharing!

Lily