Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A Sweater For John

Whilst John was sorting out my stash for me, he came across some yarn he wanted a sweater out of.

Dark navy wool/cotton slub. How could I refuse despite finding it rather hard to see what I am doing.

I knit it on the fine gauge machine at 36sts and 36 rows per 10cm. For the mathematically challenged (or Americans) , this is 9sts and 11.5rws to the inch.

I have done the front and back and neck and joined it all, ready for the sleeves.

I am knackered!!!

Gosh, I used to be able machine knit and sew up two sweaters a day.

This illness of mine p's me off.

4 comments:

Yarnhog said...

I'm mathematically-challenged and American. There's no hope for me, is there?

And on a positive note, at least you weren't knitting it at that gauge by hand!

anachronist said...

It might slow you down, this illness, but you are actually *doing* things, that is what matters, and John will love the sweater you made for him, no matter how long it takes you :-)

Sounds like you are almost there, too.

best wishes, nana.

Anonymous said...

You do more with your illness than I can do without. I await, with bated breath, the photos of the sweater.

FuguesStateKnits said...

American? Mathematically challenged? Since when does George Bush read your blog, LOL:)(Now you know I'm just kidding, Colin!!)
I echo the sentiments of those who posted comments before me. You are amazing - don't let this get you down!
Hugs,
Joan