Sunday, September 04, 2011

CITY OF BIRMINGHAM SHOW

I had a very good show.  I really enjoyed meeting people.  I am surprised at how many people come to say hello to me and give me a hug. I have to say that it makes me feel really warm.
 Our judge was not the judge advertised when we entered that she is a sweet elderly woman who judges without favour.  Pussy was 2nd in her class and Mary-Grace was 5th in hers,  Her lowest placement since I have been showing her.


 Pussy is rather skittish at the moment which I put down to the fact that she is in season. Having said that I will make an effort to take her into town on her own  in order that she get used to plenty of people and noise. Today was her 1st indoor show and the 1st time that she behaved with such uncertainty.  when one is showing in big holes it is very noisy and echoing.

 The drive home was pretty horrendous as it was very heavily raining.  Still there were plunkers who were driving too fast.  I was caught in a hold-up for about 30 min because of a road accident. Surprise surprise!
 A man in a white van kept overtaking and each time he did so I held my breath absolutely convinced that he was going to hit an oncoming vehicle. It is only luck and certainly not judgement that he did not. The road was definitely not suitable for such driving. I  aquaplaned 4 times  and I was driving between 30 and 40 miles an hour.  It was very scary to have the back of the car suddenly go like that.


 My jacket  was much admired and several people asked me what it was made of.  Much to my surprise several men also wanted to know about the jacket.  Most people thought it was  silk.  I suppose I ought not to have been honest and told them that yes indeed it was silk!


 Anyway I had a thoroughly good day and I was home just before 3 PM because this show was only 90 miles away

No comments: