Tuesday, January 11, 2011

WEIRD AS CAN BE

Let’s face it, if I wasn’t weird you probably would not be reading my blog.

I went to bed at about three or four o’clock on Saturday morning having been up with Whitney for two nights delivering her puppies. I awoke a couple of hours later violently shivering.  Really violently.  John held me tight in an attempt to stop my body from jerking about. It eventually did stop, and I went back to sleep.  I woke up feeling fairly rough and very hot and sweaty.

Me being me it does not occur to me that I am sick.  No. Instead I think that I am having withdrawals from my painkillers. Here are my thinking that I had gotten over the guilt around taking heavy-duty painkillers and yet here it is in another disguise.

The same thing happened in the early hours of Sunday morning although not as severe.  Now I did not buy this time seriously think it could be withdrawals because I took morphine deliberately to see if by taking it I would feel better.  I did not other than felt pain relief.

So yesterday off I trot to the doctor who takes one look at me and says you’re very pale you obviously rather sick!

I have the flu.  The shaking and sweating is to do with the temperature and the reason it was only happening whilst I have been in bed a few hours is because by that time my pills had worn off and as I take paracetamol along with the tramadol and all morphine, of course I did not have a temperature when I took it.  Hence I could not be ill without a temperature. Duh! I have also discovered that having the flu vaccination every year does not protect one from getting the flu but it does lessen the effects.  I have to take my BP regularly at the moment because I am considered a high risk person ( for being killed by flu that is)!

I have to say this is really rather boring.  I am not knitting and shall be going back to bed shortly.  This is my fourth day of being sick so hopefully it is almost over.  I did sleep well last night despite being drenched.  The weirdest thing is that I keep suddenly becoming drenched in sweat and feeling very hot and then of course I feel chilled.  I am only wearing one layer of clothes instead of my usual three.

I have been fasting about with an updated version of my camera which I managed to get a refurbished one of.  I am really rather pleased with it.  No doubt there will be more photographs either on Facebook or on this blog.

No doubt because I have the ,Daniel Craig is about call and suggest we go out for an intimate dinner for two. I have to say that I would still have to refuse him as the very thought makes me feel iller! And I don’t care if iller is not a word

5 comments:

HunterXan said...

Feel better, Colin! The flu is horrible.

And yeah, you're weird, but we love you--and we're probably all pretty weird, ourselves!

Love and hugs and wishes for a speedy recovery from this point forward!

Linda said...

I hate to say it, Colin, but flu hallucinations are probably the only way Daniel Craig is going to call you or Johnny Depp is going to call me. Even the flu has a good side, I suppose.

Glad you're keeping your sense of humor. Feel better soon!

Maggie said...

flu sucks, cold stinks, hurting is miserable and I am allergic to eggs so no flu shots, allergic to morphine and codeine so there go most pain meds. But I am glad Whitney and the pups are doing well and love the knitting you have been getting done, loads of juice, loads of rest and you will get through this flu and be back to chasing those dogs about

joannamauselina said...

The flu is bad news! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Anita said...

Get well soon!