Tuesday, November 23, 2010

DARK SOULS

Edna and her puppies are doing really well. Whitney is fascinated by them and disturbs Edna by hanging head over the edge to stare at the puppies!

I have been doing a fair bit of dying and I have been trying out new techniques, one of which I call Flash Dyeing. This is what I got:shockwaveadirondackaftershocktruffle I am very pleased with these and I shall be using the technique again.

Yesterday a person inadvertently sent an e-mail with reactionary content to one of my knitting lists.  This one advocates the spanking of children.  I am not alone in considering this is an appalling abuse of children.  I wrote to the list and I said that I did not want to see such things on my knitting lists especially emails that encourage  child abuse.

This is my opinion and I am entitled to it.  I am not alone and this is why it the spanking and hitting of children is illegal in several countries.  However, this does not entitle anyone to send me vile e-mails like the one I received this morning.  The dark soul who sent it chose abusive words to defend her right to abuse her children.  I am not surprised that she chose abusive words to defend her position.

What always surprises me is how dark a soul can become without the said soul noticing the light fading.

Yesterday I went for my swim and I also went for a walk.  However, the walk was too much and I only just made it home.  I ate my breakfast and soon after I went back to bed because I was in a great deal of pain despite having taken my medication.  It turned out to be a really bad day pain wise and I was woken from my nap by the pain. I lay there for half an hour and then realised I just had to go and get the morphine. Once I had I was able to function again and then I enjoyed myself playing around, the results of which you can see above.

xoxo

4 comments:

Penelope Grey said...

I love these new yarns Colin, and the photos, like bowls of inky spaghetti LOL Sorry you got such a vile email, some people think the only way is their way and cannot put themselves in another persons shoes. The fact that they wrote to defend their actions, tells me they cannot see just how damaging their actions are on another by spanking their children. Having grown up with a Mum who used to regularly hit me as a child I have always been sensitive to others abusing children. I was worried for years that this need to hit children was in my genes and if I became a parent I would automatically become a bad one. I now realise that to think that way is nonsense, it's all about choice, and I choose not to hit my child. I hope you have a better day today painwise, but having seen the beautiful yarns, not all of yesterday was wasted. Beverley

Knitting-twitter said...

I love them all..beautiful colors
Christa

Iris said...

Abusive language in retaliation to disagreement is just plain ignorant. Why do people not learn that using ignorant language simply proves the same thing exists within the user?

janalee said...

Beautiful puppies! I'm so glad they are thriving.
I want to reach through the screens and touch that yarn- the colors, the texture- all so delicious!
I have a hard time with arguments, when one person (usually the one in the wrong) turns the argument into a personal attack.
I hope you're more comfortable today.