Saturday, July 03, 2010

WINDSOR

Despite the difficulties of getting to Windsor and home from Windsor, I really enjoyed the show. It was in the low 70s and overcast, so it wasn't all unbearable. I enjoyed meeting with and chatting with people.

Whitney showed her socks off and won her ninth challenge certificate. Whitney really does enjoy this. Much to my surprise, she nosied up to the Best of Breed male. Normally, she will growl at any dog that comes near us. She does not do this at home and is very mild mannered when we are out, though she does not tolerate any dogs coming near us.

It was another lovely day weatherwise and we are going to go to Panini's as usual for brunch. I hope we get to the market butcher early enough that she still has venison left. I really enjoy the steaks and the cubed for casseroles. Very low-fat, but very tender and tasty.

It looks as though our plan to go to Barcelona is still on. Neither of the girls that I want to breed are in season, and neither are showing any sign of being so.

It is amazing how gossip gets around. I will clear something up right now. Whitney will be retired by the end of August 2011. This is when I will breed her. I have not made my final decision as to whom I will breed her to. But yes, it is likely that I will breed her abroad. So whatever else you may hear what you read here is the actual truth! (Whitney comes in season like clockwork. She is in season for Crufts and August SKC .)

I am managing my pain much better. I am able to swim five days a week, which I really enjoy and am so thrilled to be able to do again. Now all I have to do is get rid of the seven pounds that I put on! I'm not sure if I've mentioned that those of you who have been reading my blog for a long time, will recall that last year, I have a problem with one of the lifeguards bullying me. It all came to a head as you will remember, and I had a couple of interviews with the manager. I am pleased to say that since that time, which is now over a year and said lifeguard has never returned to the pool side. I am so grateful to the young lifeguard, who at the time was only 23 for having the courage to back me up as he witnessed her behaviour towards me.

John shoulder is doing much better now. However, as is usual with incidents like this, it changes forever the attitude one has. He is much more conscious of security on the way home from the station and now makes sure that he is carrying nothing. Which of course is very inconvenient. It also means that I have more concern, and am anxious to get his phone call to say that he is safe and indoors.

3 comments:

Iris said...

Congratulations to little Whitney. Some have it, some don't. Isn't it grand when the one that does have it is yours?

I feel for John. Maybe, in time, he'll be able to relax a bit. It will never be the same, though.

Momsterjo's Musings said...

Congrats to Whitney! She's one incredible pup!

I've been reading the posts, yet seem to have missed what happened to John?

I'm glad that you're able to get back to swimming. I too enjoy the pool as it does help ever so much with my arthritis pain. Just dragging the body up out of the water is...well just a drag!

Jo

KnittingPotter said...

Colin, I am loving hearing your all too brief decriptions of the puppies. I can just see gracie howl and talk to you. The pup i kept from my first litter of yorkies was a talker named henry.
Im convinced he was a psychic. Just passed over this past year so hearing about another with this special potential is exciting. Would you show us some pictures. and more puppy storys too. Please.
Love to you and John
Linda