Friday, September 19, 2008

CALM DOWN!!!!

I have had several emails form people concerned that I am giving up knitting.

I AM NOT GIVING UP KNITTING!!!!!

All I am doing is de-hoarding. And facing facts.

I am NEVER going to get back into making a living from knitting on my machines. I am no longer physically capable. Even with a motor it takes me 3 days to make one sweater where I used to be able to make 2 a day and sew them up.

I am NEVER going to knit up all that I have in the way of yarn. The attic is full, one whole bedroom is full to bursting, the cupboard under the stairs is crammed full...you get the picture? I also have 16 knitting machines!

Just getting rid of all those videos cassettes yesterday has made me feel so much better. I have pout all my shoes away where the vids were, along with my jackets(I didn't know I had so many!)

I have only just begun. Mind you, at my spiritual meeting last night, I came over ill and racked with pain. Not only had I done too much on my own but forgot to drug up!

If you have been a long time follower here, you know that this time last year I hit the real deeply buried crap inside me. Over the next 5 months I cleared it all out. Ever since then, I have had a strong desire to clear my house out. I DO NOT NEED most of what i hoarded. I have kept all sorts of crap because I 'might need it'. Well, those 100's of tapes a dumped, I didn't even look to see what they were. They have been stashed for 10 years so they couldn't have been important. The urge to sit and play each one to see was there but common sense won.

I am doing a good thing. De cluttering, accepting I am now handicapped an unable to do as I did. Making room for John and myself and the dogs. To be blunt, it is dangerous for me to have to negotiate obstacles in my home! Plus, I just don't need to keep this stuff 'in case'. In case of what? That I have a miracle cure and start to sell a dozen sweaters a week? Nah....

I want it to be manageable. I want space. I want to stop feeling bad all the stuff. Lots of STUFF. Like it bred all it's on own! I don't need to hoard. I am doing fine. I can and will live without all this STUFF.

I shall stop in case I break out into happy song.......

8 comments:

steel breeze said...

I never thought you were! Can you email me a listing of machines/yarn you are destashing? I often set newbies up with machines, etc. Gotta spread the word, one person at a time! :)

Anonymous said...

Hooray for you! I'll be doing the same thing in the not so distant future. I think this is part of the reason my "escape plan" didn't work last year. There was too much unfinished business.

You've come such a long way from last year, this time.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh, a lighter load is a good thing. I understand completely!

Yarnhog said...

There's nothing quite so liberating as letting go of stuff--literal or figurative--that you don't need.

LizzieK8 said...

I think there is a radical part of healing that requires getting rid of stuff. Although it's good stuff and at one time you loved it, now it's toxic to the healing and has to go.

Been there, done that, and am still doing it. I have much more I'd love to get rid of but am afraid my kids would be upset if the many things they've given me disappeared....

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a good thing! Good for you in all sorts of ways.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant Colin - I got rid of loads of stuff a few years back, some of it cards wriiten to me at a very very sad time. I realised that keeping them did not keep the memories and clearing them did not take away the memories - also when I saw them they made me sad. I haven't missed them at all.
Hope you enjoy the new found space into which only good things will pour!

FuguesStateKnits said...

Colin - I'm glad that you're unloading! That's a great thing! And someone else will be able to take on some of that knitting and be all the happier for it!
btw, I forgot to tell you - I went with friends to see someone who told me my mom was in the room - have to tell you about it some time - e-mail me if you have a moment!
Take care,
Joan