Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tesco Is Still Standing

I surprised myself this evening. I remained ever so calm. I just quietly made my point to the manager, continued to shop and left.

What is the big deal?

Well, when we arrived, there were do handicapped bays free. None at all. No spaces at all in fact. Most were taken by non handicapped people. So I parked my park in an indistinct bay close to the main entrance.

I am wheeling myself around, doing my shopping, when I hear my car registration number called out over the tannoy and asking me to move it. Well, I went about my shopping and then i called to a member of staff and asked them if they would be ever so kind and get me the manager, please?

Manager duly arrived. I said to him that if they had the wit to call out my registration number over the tannoy as I had parked where they wished me not to, why did they not have the wit to do the same for those able bodied *&^%$£^&* who take up our spaces?

Flummoxed was he? You bet! I however, remained calm and smiling, thanked him for his time and continued with my shopping. John and I got back to the car when it was convenient for us to do so.

P:S: shredded and dumped more stuff, including years old credit cards and bills and stuff. Load of mags piled up. Still much more to do. It may take longer than I thouhgt, perhaps until I am 60, 10.25 yrs from now.

4 comments:

steel breeze said...

Good for you!

We have a small co-op in the next village. It has 1 disabled bay immediately in front of the shop, and about 10 parking spaces down the side/at the back. Oh, and there's a free carpark opposite, on the other side of a busy main road. However, everyone uses the disabled bay (there's also an ATM there). So if someone's parked there, and is getting out, I always walk past singing Queen's "It's a miracle " ie they have got up and walked. It really, really, winds me up - and I am not disabled, as you know!

FuguesStateKnits said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You rock man!!!
so freakin' cool!
YES!
(00ps - I forgot - I'm 54 and I'm supposed to behave myself - NOT!!!)
:) Colin, you and JOhn are the best!

FuguesStateKnits said...

PS - Here in "Merlin" US of A - there's a $108 ticket waiting for you if you have the (ahem) gazungas to park in a handicapped parking place - and so it should be! Ferchrissakes!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you in standing up for yourself. I don't have a handicapped tag and, so far, don't need one, but I still look at who is parked in those places. I go off like a rocket if I see someone there who's not supposed to be.

One thing that really gets to me is young, able-bodied people who use their parents' or grandparents' car and think that, just because there's a handicapped hangtag, they should use it!