Sunday, September 28, 2008

Good and Bad



Sometimes making the right decision does not feel good. I have let Micah go. He has been donated to the Hearing Dogs Charity. It is the right move for him, for me, and for them. It has been bubbling in my brain for some time but I have avoided it because I am very fond of him. Now it is done and I feel sad.

However, I feel good about this, even though it has it's bad side: I now own Whitney's father, Luque. This is very good for me. he is black and white, I love the colour, and very good quality plus a good sire. The bad side is that my dear friend Linda has had to give him up because of her health issues. I am so gratfeul that I have him but sad for her too.

Luque has a RCC, his Stud book number, and is qualified for Cruft's for life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh! You will miss Micah. He's so cute and lovely, too. Some lucky hearing impaired person will be so grateful for him and he'll have a wonderful home.

Lia Nord said...

Wow, Colin, that's quite a move! I can understand how sad you must be, and yet can also understand why you think it was best. It's nice to have the "new" dog, but I know you're also sad about Linda having to give him up. Sometimes events are so mixed with blessings/losses that it's hard to know what you're feeling. It's good that you made proactive decisions, and can move on with the positive.

LizzieK8 said...

Sorry for your loss, happy for your gain.... I'm sure Micah will be very happy when he gets to his forever home.