Sunday, April 06, 2008

Merino Sweater

I knit a sweater with some lovely high micron Merino, using 6 strand on the fine gauge at 37st and 55rws to 10cm (4").

I boobed and made the neck not quite large enough for me. It went over my head fine though and I liked the fit of the collar. However, it was also too large for, especially length wise. I keep forgetting my weight loss. Anyway, It fit John well but he hates anything that hugs his neck.

Then Mary came around for me to tell her if Jess was pregnant or not (she definitely is) and I remembered that her husband is tall and thin so I gave her the sweater for him.

I was pleased it found a home. I have found that Charity shops do not much care for hand wash items.

1 comment:

Lia Nord said...

I just wanted to add that I really like you having your picture on the blog heading. It's a nice picture, too, and shows what a positive person you are.