Monday, December 27, 2010

FINE GAUGE SWEATER


I am very pleased with this. It is my own design. I am using DAK(designaknit) software with the SilverLink 4 and my XP PC. The pattern is one whole pattern of 250sts and 290 rows.
I have knitted it at Tension 5*, the gauge being 40sts and 44r to 10cm.



This is the shelving John is about to put up for me to store my DM's on.

Further down are photographs of my Brother Standard Gauge 940, with the iMac on the left. The other is my Silver Reed Fine Gauge 830 with the XP PC opposite it. this PC provides the patterning system for the SR8300, using a USB cable form PC to knitting machine.

4 comments:

joannamauselina said...

What an amazing sweater! It will be beautiful. Obviously designed by a genius!

Pru said...

Gorgeous, Colin. The horizontal shot reminds me of the opening graphics on the original Dr. Who - I'm talking back in the days of William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton. Is John's shelving so that the DMs can be on display? A form of contemporary art? After all, they deserve to be seen!
Loved the puppy videos BTW.

Iris said...

That's the neatest design! It looks like a fine brocade pattern.

Anonymous said...

I am in awe and also very envious!!!!! I really really really want a SR 830. But I haven't even figured out my LK 150 so I can't justify it. That fabric is just beautiful. Susan