Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hitting The Road

You wouldn't believe how much planning a trip takes. Though you probably would. It's just me that thinks it ought to be easy. I spent many hours with the GPS mapping thing on my pc working out the route from Calais in France (where the tunnel comes out from England) to Budapest in Hungary. 1100 miles.

  1. 21st Luxembourg (428miles)
  2. 22nd Stuttgart, Germany (196miles)
  3. 23rd Salzburg, Austria (230miles)
  4. 24th Budapest (338miles)
  5. Four night stay (no driving)
  6. 29th Salzburg, Austria (338miles)
  7. 30th Salzburg, Austria (no driving)
  8. 31st Heidelberg, Germany (325miles)
  9. 1st Heidelberg, Germany (no driving)
  10. 2nd Calais, France (416miles)
  11. 3rd Calais, France (no driving)
  12. 4th Home (160miles)
I am excited about the trip. It includes two places, other than Budapest, that I have not been to before: Stuttgart and Salzburg, though I doubt we will see much of Stuttgart. It will be our most challenging trip I think because Hungary has a unique language which is very difficult to speak and it seems form the info I have read, few speak any other language.

Food appears to not be a problem either, with plenty of fish/meat/fowl and vegetable dishes. I won't have a whole load of high wheat / carb meals to choose from. It can be very hard at times to find food that is not gluten/grain laden so it is good to know that it won't be there.

This will probably be the only trip this year. My dog show calender is very full this year with only a couple that I will not attend. I doubt we will go away Xmas time as I may have puppies again then, depending on what I do with the present litter.
Post a Comment