Saturday, May 20, 2006

Our Trip To Munich

I don't know what the problem is with Belgium. Every time I have to drive in Belgium, the traffic is appalling. Totally screwed up. They have roadworks. Usually with no warning. Not only that, but they don't seem to get it right. Hours and hours are spent in traffic jams.

This trip was no different. When we left Calais, bright and early, it was a lovely day. Plenty of time to get to Saarbrucken. yes, I am a positive thinking soul, and I reassured myself that Belgium would behave itself today. It didn't. Sure enough we hit roadworks. 3 hours later, we managed to get into Luxembourg and from there there were no more hold ups.

Now in Germany, there are always roadworks but no hold ups. Why?

The weather was really weird. When we started in Calais it was about 19c and sunny. Somewhere on the Belgium/Luxembourg border, it dropped to 0c and we drove thru a snow blizzard! By the time we got to Saarbrucken it was 16c and sunny again.

Almost every trip I have taken, or we have, the weather has been odd to say the least. A hurricane in Chambery, France. Very bad thunder/rainstrom in Barcelona, 100 mph winds and snow in Sweden. More about that later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Colin
Remind me when you're going abroad, and not to follow you! If mad weather and Belgian holdups(!) litter your path, I'm not gonna follow!
But, it sounds as though you must have had a brilliant time. Tell us more about the food!!! Did you buy any woolly stuff?
The image of the little dog you found, looks so sweet. What breed is he, do you know yet?