Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A New World?

I awoke this morning, put on the TV, knowing that I would hear that Mr Obama is President Obama.

I found myself crying. This man has had a very odd affect on me. Never before has a politician done anything for me. I have not been interested, felt cynical about them all. Certainly the leader of my own country has not bothered me at all, except I was glad that the Tories were ousted but sadly to be replaced by more of the same.

Anyway, when I first saw and heard Obama speak, I just knew that this man was the real deal and the man who had the opportunity to change the world and more importantly change the world's view of the USA.


This morning I have nothing but respect for the USA. I can't believe it! You did it!

You elected a black man to the highest office in the land!!!!

Not a rich born black man either. Now I believe that the USA is truly a land of opportunity.


I hope that he is safe and is kept safe. My poartner who was grown up enough to recall the hope of John F. Kennedy says this is pretty much the same.

I am just amazed that I care so much about this. I do feel that this is really a major turning point in history.

Something has shifted, there has been a change and we can perhaps begin to breath fresh air again.

Post a Comment