Thursday, August 14, 2008

BT Phone Problem

I got in touch with Ofcom who gave me a case number and a special BT number to complain to. This expedited the whole thing. The problem is now sorted, I have been refunded. I have not got a satisfactory answer as to how I was billed for someone else's phone, or rather how their phone was linked to my address other than to say it was a crossed line. The other person clearly knew as they were not getting bills and when I called and left a message, twice, no return call and a sudden increase in calls from the number.

Anyway, the main thing, I got a refund, the number has been cut off, and I am only paying the bill for my own phone now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you have now got it all sorted out Colin,we keep getting calls from people selling things and we are ex directory i rang them and was told i am registered not to receive them calls and was told to complain which i have.

Unknown said...

My cousin once had the same kind of problem with a mobile phone Colin. She was being billed for calls she hadn't made and people calling her were put through to a mans phone who claimed not to know her. Turned out the same company had issued 2 people the same number. My cousin was told this was indeed impossible. Just goes to show even in this computerised world things still get ballsed up. Glad your problem is sorted and you have been refunded.