Sunday, August 10, 2008

50 Minute Hours?

I think there is a government conspiracy going on. There must be. I am quite certian that an hour is no longer 60 minutes long, that there are no longer 24 of them in a day. In short, I am certain my days are very much shorter than they used to be. No sooner do I get up and potter around for a bit, it is time to go back to bed.

I used to be active on my email lists. Now I barely have time to read them and if the truth were told, I delete many unread. It takes me forever to read a novel. When once I'd read in bed for an hour or so, I now am lucky if I read two pages before I fall asleep. Getting up at the crack of dawn has not made my days longer at all. It just seems to have made them shorter has gone!

So who does one submit a complaint to about being short changed in the hours?

Am off to a show again tonight. Bournemouth. This is the last one for me until we get back from Germany. We leave for Germany one week today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This left me laughing. I've wondered the same thing about my lack of time. Let's face it: time is a man made thing. Perhaps the Earth is like a spindle: Just give it a little extra oomph! and it spins faster. Or, perhaps it just spins faster, the more evil there is in it.

Oh, I am very odd today!

Anonymous said...

I hate to tell you this, but we are actually rushing through a Black Hole! You are quite correct, but, there are still 60 minutes in an hour, but no longer 60 seconds in a minute as my three minute eggs are always too runny!
That's my theory anyway..... :))
Good uck with the show!

Yarnhog said...

I used to roll my eyes when my parents would talk about time speeding up and wondering who that old person in the mirror was. Damned if time isn't speeding up by the day, and I was startled by my own reflection in a window last week.

Anonymous said...

Lol, come to Scotland in Winter. You'll swear blind somebody nicked all the daylight! And we're only on hour up from Aberdeen... there is a lot of Scotland North of home.