Thursday, August 09, 2007

Road To Ruin

I finished my 4th second sock today.

That was it, I promised, I will get on with my sweaters now on the machines, especially that cashmere swatch just waiting to be measured and a sweater knit from it's info.

I tidied up the living room. I put all my sock yarn in the plastic sets of draws I bought a couple of weekends back.

So far so good.

Yes, I could feel the flutter in my tum. I could see completed socks in my mind's eye as I am diligently putting the balls away and closing the draw.

Then it happened.

I found a ball I didn't know I had. The Daniel Craig of yarn balls. Well the flutter in my tum broke into waves, I ripped off that ball band, picked up my Hiya Hiya's and I cast on. I then spent from then till now(bed time) knitting up Mr Craig.

Stuff the tidying up and the sweater.....

My name is Colin and I am powerless over sock yarn......so keep your hands off and back away sloooooowly....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My name is Jill, and I too am powerless over sock yarn. :-)

Sheila said...

You made me smile and laugh! I love to start new socks and projects!

Anonymous said...

:-)
I think I'll be prepared for the 23.!

steel breeze said...

Yep - you've got the bug!

On 7th? 8th? pair now and intending to make two-colour socks with the leftovers. I machine-knit mine, so they don't take as long, but still - I've three projects to sew up and a afghan that's 4 squares away from being finished! :)

Anonymous said...

There..there..Colin,

It's ok, just be calm now. Sit here on the nice, soft couch and
caress your yarn. Take deep breaths, close your eyes...think of
Daniel...and I'll make you a nice martini...2 olives...shaken...not
stirred!!!

There, isn't that better?!?!?!

Suna Kendall said...

Heh, I laughed aloud when I saw this on the email list. It sounds so much like the way I am right now. I started back on socks in late June and can't stop! Every time I finish, another yarn beckons. I did manage to start something else this week. A bag to hold socks. LOL.

Cheryl said...

Your entry made me smile. I love knitting socks too!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the laugh, I really appreciate it!

Back to my purple and, hopefully a photo in the next few days.

Jayne said...

Hi Colin
I have been meaning to come see this post for AGES and I'm so glad I finally did. You are not alone! I have piles of sock wool, piles of patterns, am still downloading new ones as and when I see ones that I like and am steadfastly resisting buying more until I have less than 20 socks worth of wool left. If you EVER run out drop me a line and I'll send you some.

Jayne

FuguesStateKnits said...

I've heard it said that one always runs into trouble when one tries to put one's balls away.
(now, you know I'm just kidding)
Joan