Sunday, August 05, 2007

ARRGHHHH!!!!!!!

We got up at 5am to go to a dog show. On the way I stopped at a garage to fill my car.

I filled my diesel engine with unleaded petrol !!!!!!!!!!!!

If it hadn't overflowed, I would not have realised my mistake until I had driven off and the car would have been ruined. Thankfully I knew not to turn the engine on.

Three hours later we are at home having been towed here by the AA. Now I am just waiting for the company to arrive that will empty the tank and flush the engine out.

This will cost £200 (about $400).

Honestly, I don't know where my brain is sometimes. On the Continent(mainland Europe) this couldn't happen because the Diesel pumps are not in the same place and the nozzle wouldn't have fitted my car anyway.

The man just arrived and told me that yes, the nozzles are made in such a way that
a diesel will not fit a petrol car but a petrol will fit a diesel! Fat lot of good that does me!
Post a Comment