Tuesday, August 11, 2009

NOT ALWAYS EASY

It's not always easy to ignore the spite of others. It still, even after 50 years, baffles me why people want to hurt others. Oh, I understand wanting to hurt others that have hurt those you love or yourself, though it hasn't been a feeling I have had in any strong way. Wanting to lash out at benign people baffles me. I also find it hurtful, as embarrassing as that is. I try to let it wash over me and I suppose I get better at that. This week though it has not been so easy. Each time it has felt like I got kicked in the stomach. Mainly because the kicks have come without warning. Oh, I know it will always be. there are always going to be sad people around who want to hurt those they see as having what they think they ought to have or are just not they way they think they ought to be.

5 comments:

Nan said...

Sending a virtual hug to you.

It's never easy for any of us, but you certainly have had more than your share.

Someone told me once that I could never understand such people because I was in no way like them. I guess that's some comfort.

The only thing we can really do is to drown out their poison with good things and not let them take up any space in our lives. (easier said than done, I know.)

fairy godmother said...

You're right, it's not always easy. But remember that for every person who is trying to hurt you, there is a good person standing by your side.

LizzieK8 said...

I think, if there can be genetically weaker/different people, then there can be genetically bullying people. Having a genetic difference myself, autism, I know there are people that can apparently sniff me out in a public situation and hone in on me to make rude, disparaging, and cruel remarks. And this can happen without me doing anything but just breathing within the same area of these people.

When you can get them to thoroughly examine why they act that way, the have no reason. They seem to act on some innate, subconscious directive.

People say the some are "just victims." Not so, some are just different and those "genetic bullies" try, I think, to "cleanse" the gene pool of those that are different.

Yes, some bullies are created by being mistreated or taught that being "on top" at all costs is the goal. But some seem to just be that way to some people.

FuguesStateKnits said...

Oh dear Colin! I'm so sorry!
Hugs!
Joan

Pilar said...

Ok, I know. This could be the biggest cliche ever, but it works for me,so there it goes.

"You are beautiful, no matter what they say. Words can´t bring you down"

Always listen to your inner Chaka Khan :)