Wednesday, July 01, 2009

JOB'S SOCKS

They are finally done!!! The yarn is Schafer's 'ANNE'. 60% Merino, 25% Mohair and 15% nylon. I knitted these using 1.5mm Hiya Hiya Circular, magic loop, one sock on each needle, knitted simultaneously. This is the longest a pair of socks have ever taken me, about a month because I kept putting them down to do some others. They hurt my hands! I am thinking I will not use 1.5mm again. These could have been knitted on 1.75mm after all but that didn't become apparent until I was well into the foot. The pattern is a plain old garter rib. I knitted them toe up using my Andersson Method and Andersson heel Mach II.
I am very pleased that I finished them. I really like the yarn mix. Wool and Mohair is a favourite of mine.

12 comments:

Lily said...

Very pretty! Need to knit up my yellow skein! Lily

Anonymous said...

Such lovely neat heels. I must try to get mine as neat as yours. I love that heel method rather than the flappy thing.

BammerKT said...

Those look just fabulous! Beautiful work, as always.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks and I love that heel . Looks so neat . carolyn in TN

susan said...

Colin,

I love your socks! Very nice knitting and the fit is perfect...the colors remind me of the Redwood Trees I live amongst, the bark and fallen needles have that reddish/brown color.

Anyhow, I think they were worth all your work and will probably become a favorite..

Carole said...

Dear Colin, The socks are gorgeous. I know that the pattern is a rib
but I really like the colour and the mohair mix
sounds nice!!

Anonymous said...

VERY pretty as always, Colin!

Sharon in CA

Anonymous said...

Oh, they look great! The color is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Love the socks and what stunning knitmanship...........makes me realise why
I prefer to knit, to felt...........so errors are nicely camoflaged!

VVery smart suited and booted for Blackpool too!
Hope your feeling better soon Colin.
Many congrats on the forthcoming Anniversary too.......
Lyn

xxxxxx said...

I love the socks! I stumbled upon your blog and I think we need to see more men knitting!!! Thanks for publishing your projects!!!

xxxxxx said...

I love the socks! I stumbled onto your blog and I think we need to see more men who knit! Thanks for publishing your work, I look forward to reading more!

Yasir Saeed said...

really pretty socks