Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Life Today

It's at times like this that I really wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all better. I am still all over the shop as regards my emotions going from grief to anger to fear to okay and back again. I know this will pass. I juts hope it hurries away soon.

I have completed a cashmere sweater and will blog it later. I am doing the collar on a garter stitch patterned sweater and then have the sleeves to knit. I am using the garter carriage for this.

Luna is getting increasingly uncomfortable and not so keen on eating now. I think her puppies will be here by Friday night.

I have lost 10lbs since I got back from Germany. I initially lost 80 odd pounds and have kept them off for the last 3 years. Now I am working on losing another 30lbs. Thank goodness i discovered swimming because I am sure that is what is getting it shifting again. Plus I am being rigid about eating on plan. It's much easier when the food you might want makes you sick...

Ravelry is doing my head in. It is sooo HUGE!

I am seriously thinking of starting to publish patterns for my socks. Maybe I'll move on to doing the same for my sweaters .

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be standing in line to purchase the patterns! You have a wealth of information to share on both sock knitting and machine knitting! Keep thinking in that direction!
Jeangu

Gena said...

You should publish your sock patterns! They are really fantastic.

JeanTownsend said...

this sweater is so gorgeous. the stitches are all so perfect. you do the greatest machine knitting i have ever seen. wonderful choices of colors and placements of them. can't wait to see some of your patterns, both socks and sweaters.

Anonymous said...

PLEASE write your patterns for sale. I will stand in line for them.
Jim
Nashville TN USA

Kate/Massachusetts said...

Oh definitely publish you patterns! Or try to connect with Knitpicks - they seem to give a lot of new designers a chance to get their designs out there. Your work is just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I can sure relate to the swinging emotions. I am amazed at your weight loss! The last photo of you I saw, you were looking pretty darn good.

I wish you *would* sell your sock patterns. I'd love to buy them.

Poor Luna! I can relate to *that*, too. :)

Anonymous said...

I too will be waiting in line for your patterns, particularly if you do a standard gauge womans cahsmere sweater with a modified shoulder, the dropped shoulder style does me no favours at all - being large busted and narrow shoulders.

Unknown said...

Great jumper, its good to see something so pleasing to the eye. I have miles and miles to go before I even get a start on my machine. Cant make up my mind what to do first, socks-baby blanket-scarf-aarghhhhhh!
I keep casting on and then my mind goes blank-I think its called 'knitters block'!

Unknown said...

By the way, love the pictures of your little puppies posted over time.
When I retire I would like to have a puppy or cat to keep me company in my old age while I keep up the frantic attempts at knitting. I hand knitted a bootie last week in the car going to Colchester, when I finished it looked nothing like it should have. I cant even do that right whaaaaaaa!

Sheila said...

I think you should definitely publish and sell your patterns. Your socks are wonderful.