Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Chuffed

I bought some bubblegum multi coloured Blue Face Leicester yarn off ebay (mrsmunro) a while ago knowing they wouldn't' be for me but for my friend Gail.I measured her foot. I then proceeded to knit the sock using my Andersson heel.

Gail came around tonight for a fitting.

THEY FIT PERFECTLY. I am so pleased and so is Gail.

Her foot is 9" long and I turned the heel at 7" having first increased by 24 sts the sole.

Gail is not only lovely, I met her because she bought Vienna an Apso pup from me , but she has courage. She ran the London Marathon last year just a week after finishing radiation and still on chemo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Chuffed" are you? Now, I'm going to have to find out who mrsmunro is and look for blue bubblegum yarn. Every time you knit a pair of socks I go out and hunt up the yarn - and BUY it! I don't know why I even have eyes or color sightedness. Of course, the problem is, that's not the ONLY yarn I buy. At the rate I'm going, my ancestors will be knitting with this yarn.

Love your inspirations, Colin.

Anonymous said...

Well, what a very brave person ! you are right Colin.