Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A GOOD DAY

Yesterday was the first day after a dog show that I really completely rested.I took plenty of drugs and just stayed sitting on the couch knitting socks watching TV and being on the laptop.I also had a map. The most strenuous thing I did was feed the dogs.I also slept in this morning though I did not intend to and it did not seem to affect the dogs not even the puppies soiled their crates.Today I feel like it is a normal day and do not still feel shattered. I have to wade into day for my yarn delivery which is definitely coming. And I must groom out aider. it is dog training tonight I think I will have to check.

when I did go to bed last night I did have a moment of feeling guilty for having wasted a day! I am certain that this is why I have so much difficulty in just resting as it makes me feel so lazy.  Old tapes are hard to erase! I know though that I did the right thing because today is a good day and I am going to be able to do the things I must do and do some of what I want to do.  Grooming Ada comes first and after that I can do as I please.

The sky is blue the sun is out and I think it will be a warmer day today than yesterday.

I have my first major general championship show on Sunday.  It will be the first  long distance show that I have been to on my own since July last year. I am not exactly on my own because I go with my friend Angi but she too is disabled and we each do our own hauling! it is 165 miles there and 165 miles back.  This will be a test of the new car and also of my new medication.  I just have to bear in mind that the following day I must veg out. It will be easier this time because Monday is a public holiday and therefore John will be home.

Life for me is never boring. It used to be.  I used to have terrible trouble filling my day.  But now that I am able to be myself and do the things I enjoy going I have no such problems.  In fact I wish that our days were 36 hours long.

With the dogs, my yarn dyeing, my machine knitting, my hand knitting, my crocheting, watching DVDs and working on the computers I have more than enough to do and express myself with.

Another major reason why life is not boring is that I have not ceased to learn and I have not ceased to want to learn. In fact the more I learn the more I know what I do not know and it becomes self-perpetuating.  It is exciting.

The most important thing for any of us to know is ourselves.  I have no idea who it was that said Know Thyself but they knew what they were talking about.  If we do not know ourselves we have no idea how and why we think and believe and behave as we do and we do not have much hope of changing our lives for the better.  How we experience life is a good author ill depends entirely upon what we think and believe.  There are things that happened to us which are completely out of our control but what we think about these things and how we react to them is not out of our control.  If I know anything to be true it is this that how we think and what we believe is of the utmost importance and that by changing our thinking pattern and our beliefs we change not only our lives but the lives of those around us.  The world we live in is created by all of us.  No man is an island.  How we think and what we believe affects those around us and the thoughts and beliefs of those around us affect those around them and so on and so on.  If we believe the saying and enough other people believe a thing then we can create an atmosphere by which something good or bad can happen.  For example if we live in a community that is dominated by a particular kind of person and we think that the other kind of person is worth less than us, and one of this group that we think is worth less than us is beaten up or killed we are personally responsible for that even if we did not physically become involved.  We helped create the atmosphere by which it happened and therefore we are part of the problem and not part of the solution.

2 comments:

Iris said...

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you didn't waste a day. Did you not breathe? Talk and play with your dogs? Eat? Drink? Walk about? Think? You didn't waste a day at all. You lived yesterday as fully and completely as you were able and the world was a richer place because of it.

Nan said...

I must agree with your friend, Iris. I believe it was Abraham Joshua Hershel who said, "Just to be is a blessing, just to live is holy." You lived your day to the best of your ability, which is more than many can say.

Hope you have a lovely time at the dog show.