Tuesday, March 15, 2011

ANCIENT JAPANESE DESIGN

±

This is a sweater I made for myself, based on an ancient Japanese design ( :) ). The yarn is 4ply pure wool. The gauge was 32 st 35 rows to 10cm at TD7. I knitted it on a Brother 940 using the Garter Carriage for hems and collar.



The fit is very good, the sleeves just the right length. I like close fitting collars but I am not happy with this collar. I think it would have been better done doubled over. It also need to be just a few sts wider as this only just goes over my head.




7 comments:

Susan said...

Gorgeous Sweater!!!!

Need some updated puppy pictures.

Denise said...

Very handsome sweater and it looks very flattering on you as well.

joannamauselina said...

It's really beautiful, and fits perfectly. I can do beautiful, but not "fits perfectly." I also admired the cane collection. To match your boots?

Annick said...

Wonderful Colin, very nice looking.

DJNL said...

Exquisite sweater and incredible design! I have a knitting machine (DH bought it for me years ago) but am intimidated by the instructions...they make no sense...would love to learn to use it to make simple pieces.

fairy godmother said...

Very nice!

Pauline Designs said...

Beautifully done! I love the cuffs.